When it comes to choosing a wedding hairstyle, it’s important to consider your facial features, hair texture, and overall bridal style. If you have a round face, for example, you might want to avoid styles that add too much volume on the sides, while if you have fine hair, you may want to opt for styles that add texture and fullness. It’s also important to consider the neckline of your dress, as certain hairstyles can complement or clash with different necklines.
- Elegance: Wedding hairstyles for long hair are typically elegant and sophisticated, with a focus on creating a polished and refined look.
- Versatility: Long hair offers a lot of versatility when it comes to styling, and wedding hairstyles for long hair can range from classic updos to loose and romantic waves.
- Accessories: Wedding hairstyles for long hair often feature hair accessories such as tiaras, veils, or flowers, which can add a touch of glamour and help tie the look together.
- Volume: Long hair can be used to create voluminous hairstyles that add drama and presence to the bride’s overall look.
- Texture: Wedding hairstyles for long hair often incorporate texture, whether it’s through braids, curls, or waves, to add depth and interest to the hairstyle.
- Timelessness: Wedding hairstyles for long hair are often designed to be timeless, so that they look just as beautiful in photographs years later as they did on the wedding day.
These are just a few of the features that make wedding hairstyles for long hair unique and special. When choosing a wedding hairstyle, it’s important to consider your personal style, the theme of your wedding, and any accessories or details that you want to incorporate into your overall look.
Options for gathered strands
If you have long hair and want to gather it into a hairstyle, there are several options to choose from, depending on the occasion and your personal style. Here are a few options:
- Ponytail: A classic ponytail is a quick and easy way to gather your hair. You can wear it high on your head for a sporty look, or low at the nape of your neck for a more elegant style. You can also add volume to your ponytail by teasing the hair at the crown of your head, or make it more polished by smoothing down any flyaways.
- Braided Ponytail: If you want to add some interest to your ponytail, try braiding a section of hair and incorporating it into the ponytail. You can also braid the entire ponytail for a more intricate look.
- Bun: A bun is a versatile hairstyle that can be dressed up or down. You can wear it at the top of your head for a ballerina-inspired look, or at the nape of your neck for a more sophisticated style. You can also create a messy bun by pulling a few strands of hair loose around your face.
- Half-Up Half-Down: If you want to show off your length while still gathering some of your hair, try a half-up half-down style. You can pull the top section of your hair back and secure it with a clip or elastic band, leaving the rest of your hair flowing freely.
- Side Swept: For a glamorous look, sweep all of your hair to one side and secure it with bobby pins. You can add volume to your hair by teasing it at the crown, or create waves or curls for a more romantic look.
Styles with loose curls
If you want to show off your luscious locks, loose curls are a perfect option for wedding hairstyles for long hair. You can use a curling iron or hot rollers to create loose waves or opt for a beachy, tousled look. Half-up half-down hairstyles are also a great way to showcase your curls while still keeping your hair out of your face.
- Half-up Half-down: Create loose curls throughout your hair, then pull the top half of your hair back into a half-up half-down style. You can secure the top section with a clip or decorative hairpiece for an elegant touch.
- Side Swept: Sweep your loose curls to one side, then secure them with bobby pins. Add a flower or jeweled hair accessory to the side for a touch of glamor.
- Low Chignon: Pull your loose curls into a low chignon at the nape of your neck. This style can be achieved by gathering your hair into a low ponytail, then twisting and pinning it into a bun shape.
- Boho Waves: Create loose, beachy waves throughout your hair for a bohemian-inspired look. You can add a flower crown or a braided headband to complete the look.
- Romantic Updo: Pull your loose curls into a low, messy bun or updo. You can add braids or twists to the style for added interest.
- Crown Braid: Create a loose crown braid around the top of your head, leaving the rest of your hair in loose curls. You can add a floral or jeweled headband for a touch of glamour.
Ideas with bangs
If you have bangs, you might be wondering how to style them for your wedding day. Fortunately, there are plenty of options for wedding hairstyles for long hair with bangs. You can sweep them to the side and secure them with a barrette or bobby pins, or you can incorporate them into a braided or twisted updo. A messy bun with bangs framing your face can also be a chic and effortless choice.
- Loose Waves with Bangs: Style your long hair in loose waves and add side-swept bangs for a soft, romantic look. This style is perfect for an outdoor or beach wedding.
- Updo with Bangs: Create a chic and elegant updo by gathering your hair into a low bun or chignon at the nape of your neck. Sweep your bangs to the side and secure them with bobby pins.
- Side Braid with Bangs: Create a side braid with your long hair, and incorporate your bangs into the braid for a whimsical and romantic look.
- Half-Up Half-Down with Bangs: Pull back the top half of your hair into a half-up half-down style, leaving your bangs framing your face. This style is versatile and can be dressed up or down depending on your wedding theme.
- High Ponytail with Bangs: Create a high ponytail with your long hair, and let your bangs frame your face. You can add volume to your ponytail by teasing the hair at the crown of your head.
- Braided Crown with Bangs: Create a braided crown around the top of your head, and incorporate your bangs into the style. This bohemian-inspired style is perfect for a rustic or outdoor wedding.
Ways to use accessories
Accessories can add a lot of glamour and personality to your wedding hairstyle, whether you opt for a sparkly hairpin, a floral crown, or a statement headband. You can use accessories to match your wedding theme or colors, or choose something that reflects your personal style. Just make sure that the accessory doesn’t overwhelm your hairstyle or clash with your dress.
Tips from stylists
Professional hairstylists can provide valuable tips and advice when it comes to creating the perfect wedding hairstyle for long hair. Here are some tips from stylists:
- Consult with your stylist ahead of time: Schedule a consultation with your hairstylist at least a month before the wedding to discuss your vision for your wedding hairstyle. Bring pictures of hairstyles you like, and be open to your stylist’s suggestions.
- Consider your wedding dress: Your wedding hairstyle should complement your dress, so consider the neckline and overall style of your dress when choosing a hairstyle.
- Take care of your hair: Healthy hair is essential for a beautiful wedding hairstyle. Use hair masks and deep conditioning treatments in the weeks leading up to your wedding to ensure your hair is shiny, soft, and healthy.
- Don’t overdo it with accessories: While accessories can add a beautiful touch to your wedding hairstyle, it’s important not to overdo it. Choose one or two accessories that complement your hairstyle and dress, rather than piling on too many.
- Practice the hairstyle ahead of time: Have a practice run with your stylist a few weeks before the wedding to ensure you’re happy with the final look. You can also try doing the hairstyle yourself at home to get comfortable with the process.
- Consider your wedding location and weather: If you’re having an outdoor wedding or getting married in a humid climate, consider choosing a hairstyle that will hold up in the weather conditions.
Remember, the most important thing is to choose a wedding hairstyle that makes you feel beautiful and confident on your special day.